Transportation & T-Passes

Cambridge Public School Bus: Transportation is provided by the Cambridge Public Schools Transportation Department for Cambridge residents in 6th, 7th and 8th grades who live more than 1.5 miles from school. For more information, call the CPS Transportation Department at 617-349-6860 or 617-349-6862, or visit their website

Eligibly for CPS bus service: Before your student can ride the CPS bus, you will need to determine if they are eligible according to CPS's Eligibility Criteria listed below. 

  • Eligibility: Who is eligible for transportation to school?
    • Cambridge residents ONLY
    • All 6th - 8th grade Cambridge students who must walk 1.5 or more miles to attend their assigned schools.
    • All 6th – 8th grade Cambridge students who must cross Fresh Pond Parkway, McGrath Highway, or Alewife Brook Parkway, or who must cross the railroad tracks at Sherman Street
    • High school students may take public transportation to school at a discounted fare (and so are not eligible for the school bus). 

Finding a bus route and the nearest bus stops: If your student is eligible, you can use the CPS Bus Finder tool to display the route and closest bus stops. You can access this tool by clicking "Find a Bus Route" on the Transportation page, or by clicking here.  Once in the tool, you can input your address, select Cambridge Charter School (if a route is available), and the stop information will be displayed on the bottom of the page. 

Important reminders: 

  • The bus does not run when CPS has holidays, even if CCSC is in session. 
  • CPS is no longer providing CCSC with a list of students that are eligible to ride a bus to school. If you are interested in having your student ride a CPS bus to and from CCSC, you will need to utilize the CPS Transportation Website moving forward.

Follow that Bus! The Transportation Department now tweets major delays and other important news. Follow us on Twitter.



*2018-2019 MBTA M7 Payment Deadline Schedule


TWO TYPES OF CARDS AVAILABLE for currently enrolled CCSC students:

M-7 STUDENT CARDS (7 days/week card) $30 per Calendar Month

  • Can only be purchased from CCSC by currently enrolled CCSC students for $30/month.
  • Are available for purchase from September - June (academic school year).
  • Replacement cards will be available September - June from CCSC for $5/card.
  • IF your M-7 card stops working, or cracks, or breaks - you MUST turn in the old card to get your replacement at no charge to you.
  • Unlimited travel on bus, subway, Express Bus, and Commuter Rail up to Zone 2


  • A currently enrolled CCSC student that is NOT participating in the M-7 PROGRAM may request an S-card to be assigned to them and registered with the MBTA.
  • Can be used for “Pay As You Go” and receive a 50% discount on ALL MBTA fares – subway, local buses, express buses, ferries and commuter rail.
  • OR

  • Can use it as a monthly pass – just load a monthly pass of $30 on your Student Stored Value Charlie Card (S-Card) at any of the MBTA’s Fare Vending Machines
  • Valid on local bus, subway, Express Bus, but NOT Commuter Rail.


  • IF YOU LOSE your S-Card BEFORE the 15th of the month and have purchased a monthly student pass:
  1. Report the loss to Ms. Smith at CCSC immediately.
  2. You will be assigned a replacement card for $5.00 – with no value added; and will notify the MBTA of your card loss.
  3. The MBTA will send the school a paper ticket with a monthly pass, which you may pick up from Ms. Smith.You can receive only ONE replacement per month.
  • IF YOU LOSE your S-Card AFTER the 15th of the month and have purchased a monthly pass, OR if you use your S-Card on a “pay-as-you-go” basis and lose it anytime during the month:
  1. Report the loss to Ms. Smith at CCSC immediately.
  2. You will be assigned a replacement card for $5.00 – with no value added; and will notify the MBTA of your card loss.  The new card will be registered to you in the system; and the lost card will be shut-off.


  • The cards MBTA provides to our school are designed for school use only.  You must purchase and renew through CCSC, as these card numbers are specifically registered and assigned to our school.
  • Please do not take the M-7 CARD and try to renew at any MBTA station.  They may confiscate it and you will have to pay the $5 administrative fee to replace it.
  • Only the S-CARD must be loaded with money at the FARE VENDING MACHINES.  Make sure you have a current S-Card that is registered to you specifically.
  • All MBTA cards have computer chips in them, please do not bend them or put them through the laundry.
  • Turn your payment into Ms. Smith, or drop the completed envelope with payment enclosed in the MBTA drop box in the Charles Building or Bent Building.
  • Ms. TAPS and Ms. Galvin do not have change; write the amount enclosed in the envelope and your change will be returned. (see envelope instructions)


*please pick up payment envelopes at the school in the Bent or Charles buildings