As we begin the 2020-21 school year, CCSC has decided to execute a phased reopening, beginning the school year with remote learning for most students and moving to hybrid learning only when public health metrics dictate it is safe to do so. For more information, please see our Reopening Plan and Family FAQs.
- Above all else, we are committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and all of their families.
- We are also committed to making certain that we fulfill our mission as a school: namely, that our students will grow in their learning at least as much during the 2020-2021 school year as they always do, preparing them for a lifetime of success, personal fulfillment, and productive citizenship.
- Finally, regardless of the instructional model(s) we are using on any given day, we are committed to delivering the same high-quality instruction and academic, behavioral, and social-emotional support our students and families deserve and expect.
Highlights of Our Remote Learning Program
We are committed to providing all of our students with a high quality educational experience -- one that reflects high expectations and gives students extensive supports to help them meet those expectations.
- Teaching & Learning: Teaching and learning will focus on the key academic skills and content students need to be successful. We are committed to teaching content and skills at the same pace we do in typical school years. While the outbreak of COVID-19 has disrupted the educational experiences of our students, we remain committed to teaching grade level standards and will provide ongoing, individualized supports so that all students can meet these standards. Please see below for an overview of student schedules during remote learning.
- Grading: We are continuing to use the same grading policies we followed prior to COVID-19. Regardless of our particular academic model, students will be expected to complete a similar amount of academic work as they were expected to complete prior to March 2020 (with accommodations made for students and families facing particular hardships) and CCSC teachers will provide students with frequent, high quality, and timely feedback to help them accelerate their academic work.
- Communication: We will continue to communicate regularly with students and families, including via advisory calls, Google Classroom updates, biweekly virtual Coffee with the Principals meetings, and weekly memos from our Head of School.
- Extracurriculars: We believe it is critically important that students continue to have opportuities to explore their interests outside of the classroom. Clubs and other extracurricular activities will meet virtually throughout the year, and, where possible, athletic teams will hold limited in-person practices.
Remote Plus Program
Our Remote Plus program is designed to make extra support available to students who need it during fully remote learning. Students in our Remote Plus Program attend their individual remote courses in safe, contained, supervised classrooms with a CCSC staff member and a maximum of 9 classmates. Please see the Remote Plus Student and Family Handbook for more information and reach out to our principals with any questions.
Student Schedules During Remote Learning