Jump to navigation
Back to top
Accomplishments and Results
- Over 90% of CCSC 10th grade students consistently pass both the statewide English Language Arts (ELA) and Math exams. In 2018, not only did 100% of our 10th grade students pass the ELA exam, they demonstrated the highest rates of growth of any public school - district or charter - in Massachusetts.
- Despite entering CCSC with a variety of academic backgrounds, our 6th grade students’ test scores have improved at a rate that outperforms the state average every year since we began enrolling 6th grade students.
- CCSC middle school students historically outperform their peers across the state in both ELA and Math performance.
- In each of the past three years, our high school scholars have outperformed the national average on both the reading and math sections of the SAT exam.
- Over 70% of CCSC juniors and seniors take at least one Advanced Placement course, compared to fewer than 40% of public school students nationwide.
CCSC’s success has been recognized over the years.
- In 2018, CCSC earned a silver medal on US News and World Report’s list of Best High Schools.
- In 2017, CCSC received the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s highest ranking among middle/high schools in the greater Boston area.
- CCSC was a finalist for the 2015-16 Pozen Prize for Charter Schools. The Pozen Prize, awarded by The Boston Foundation, annually recognizes one Boston-area charter school for sustained academic excellence.
- In 2016, the City of Cambridge passed a resolution commending Community Charter School of Cambridge for its excellent achievements in providing a quality education for all of its students.
- In 2015, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education recognized CCSC for making dramatic academic progress with students.
- In 2011, CCSC was an Effective Practice Incentive Community (EPIC) award-winning school. The EPIC initiative rewards high-need urban schools showing significant gains in student achievement.
CCSC students are successful upon graduation. They are accepted, matriculate, and graduate from college at high rates:
- Since graduating our first class in 2009, almost 100% of CCSC seniors have been accepted to college. In 2018, every single graduating senior was accepted to at least one 4-year college or university.
- Over the past 5 years, on average 95% of CCSC graduates enroll in college the fall after their high school graduation. In 2018, 100% of college-bound seniors matriculated to a 4-year college or university.
- Six years after high school graduation, over half of the Class of 2012 had received their college degree. This rate vastly outpaces the national average for our student demographic.