Are you interested in getting involved with our community? Please explore some of the current opportunities below and reach out to the school with questions.
Host a Senior Intern:
All twelfth graders are required to perform a 100-hour internship in a company or non-profit from February through May. Read more about our senior internship program here. If you know of a local organization that would be willing to consider a student for a meaningful internship, please contact email@example.com.
Get Classroom Support:
Paired up with a faculty member, get to know a group of students, and provide support in the classroom.
After School Learning Center:
Learning Centers are staffed by CCSC faculty, but additional help is always welcome. Work one-on-one or with a small group of students on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays, from 3:45-4:45 pm
CCSC @ Night:
Support a small group of students who stay for extra help and receive dinner. CCSC @ Night is an opportunity for 9th-12th grade students to remain at school until 7:00 PM. Dinner is provided for all students who elect to participate. CCSC expects much from its students and CCSC @ Night provides them with a structured, safe, and quiet space to complete their required coursework.
Male and Female Mentoring:
The mission of the CCSC Mentoring Program is to create a loosely-structured, yet safe, space for students to:
- Establish long-standing, authentic relationships with positive adult role models outside their typical adult relationships (i.e., parents, teachers, coaches).
- Cultivate the habits and perspective necessary for college success and long-term professional and personal fulfillment.
- Engage in vulnerable, honest dialog about the challenges they face in their journey to becoming mature, contributing family members, friends and leaders in their communities.
Mentoring is done in a group setting rather than one-on-one as we believe all participants can learn from each other.
Annual Opportunities to Volunteer:
- Roundtables participant (June)
- Career Speaking with 10th graders (varies)
- College Interview Prep (fall and winter)
- Senior Internship Project Judge (May or June)
- College Essay Boot Camp (fall)