All CCSC students are prepared to succeed in college through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum. CCSC engages each student in meaningful work inside the school as well as within the larger community through internships and community-based projects.
Every CCSC graduate has gained admission to at least one post-secondary institution, with over 90% earning admission to 4-year colleges and universities. College persistence rates for CCSC graduates far surpass national averages for the student demographic CCSC serves.
CCSC has an internally-developed schoolwide instructional vision that guides effective planning and teaching for all faculty, shown in the figure below.
In addition, each academic department at CCSC has a vision statement that guides the way teachers in that department plan and teach. These vision statements are below.
- Advanced Placement Programming
- College Counseling
- English Learners
- Reading (Middle School)
- Special Education
- Visual Arts
CCSC’s science department has recently updated its curriculum to align to the 2016 Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Framework and the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Principles of Science 6 (6th grade) - email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principles of Science 7 (7th grade) - email@example.com
- Principles of Science 8 (8th grade) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physics (9th grade) - email@example.com
- Chemistry (10th grade) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Biology (11th grade) - email@example.com
- AP Biology (12th grade) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- AP Computer Science Principles (12th grade) - email@example.com